Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Imperfect Harmony - Reading Together - Missi in Angustiis


I was struck in my reading this week at the beauty of singing and specifically, singing in harmony with others.

"There is no question that America is musically in debt to our German immigrants." (page 96, Kindle Edition)

"What makes singing special is that it’s the one skill I've tried that makes my life better and it works even though I’m not particularly great at it." (page 114, Kindle Edition)

"Singing in quartets brings the music back to a feeling of intimacy and balance. I've loved being able to listen to individual voices singing right next to me on parts other than my own. It’s both energizing and stabilizing to be surrounded by all four parts. And the musical harmony spreads itself into my overall sense of well-being. After all, there aren't too many chances in ordinary life to be in perfect cooperation with other people. Singing fulfills that need." (page 121, Kindle Edition)

-----
You just finished reading Imperfect Harmony - Reading Together - Missi in Angustiis.
Sign up here for my free monthly newsletter!
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...